In this article we will learn how to fix one of the most common error which almost all web developer would have encountered “Cannot change version of project facet Dynamic Web Module to 2.5”.
How to change dynamic web module version in eclipse ?
- Right click on Web Project in Eclipse
- Click on Properties
- Now Click on Project Facets Tab
- Change value for Dynamic Web Module to the required one
Note : Changing to a higher version will work(2.5 to 3.0) but downgrading to a lower version(3.0 to 2.5) will not work many times. That’s where we will be getting the above mentioned error message.
How to Fix Cannot change version of project facet Dynamic Web Module to 2.5 Error ?
When we try to follow the above steps for downgrading from version 3.0 to 2.5.we will be ending up in the error message.
Then we need to follow this quick hack to fix the issue.
- Switch to Navigator view, Window -> Show View -> Navigator
- Open the .settings folder of your Web Project
- Open the file org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core.xml which consist of the facet information
- There you can find this line <installed facet=”jst.web” version=”3.0″/>
- Change the number from 3.0 to 2.5. Thats it 🙂 Your project facet will be changed.
Do let me know your thoughts or if you have any other achieving it let me know.